Saturday, November 14, 2009

What are dental esthetics?

I was calling about my insurance coverage, and while I'm pregnant I get dental coverage. They were listing everything it covers. One of the things she said was "esthetics". Is this like braces, retainer, etc? If so that would be more than excellent because I need braces and haven't been able to afford them. Thanks a lot!

What are dental esthetics?
No... that would be orthodontics.


Esthetics are things like polishing... it's not necessary for healthy teeth/gums, but it does remove stains from you teeth. Esthetic is kind of the same as cosmetic... but I doubt you get tooth whitening covered.
Reply:you need to ask for more details. 'dental esthetics' to me means a cosmetic filling, like a white filling on a front tooth.





most insurances don't pay anything for adult ortho. if they pay anything it usually only covers $1,000 and braces are like $5,000


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net