Monday, May 17, 2010

Extreme tooth pain, just had a nerve block?

I was eating a salad around 7 tonight, bit down on a cruton and must've chipped my tooth(back left molar) or something but i've been in IMMENSE pain since. The tooth was already a really bad cavitie. I used Orajel and Ambesol but the coolness of it made my tooth hurt worse and didnt even temporarily numb the tooth. I couldn't take it anymore and went to the E.R. (I dont have a dentist anymore and i'm currently having problems with my insurance about dental coverage) They gave me a 'nerve block', 2 shots in the back of my mouth about 2 hours ago. My tooth STILL hurts. The only thing really numb is my tongue, and I feel kind of out of it. Plus, I'm starving, I havn't ate in hours!! I tried eating but it hurts too badly. They gave me Vicodin but i'm afraid to take one because I havn't really ate today. I tried eating a few bites of my friend's quiche (the soft part) but just putting it in my mouth hurt. Should I take a vicodin anyways? Any home methods for tooth pain til i can see a dent?

Extreme tooth pain, just had a nerve block?
after a nerve block, your tongue %26amp; half the jaw will get numb %26amp; no pain will be there or just the lingual nerve is blocked, there is another nerve, inferiour alvalo nerve deep inside, when blocked will give you pain relief.
Reply:the nerve of ur tooth must have been exposed due to the chipping and a vital{living} exposed nerve hurts like hell. even air must be hurting u. actually the nerve block should ideally help. but it is not working due to either


1. it isnt given correctly. actually 2 shots ahve to be given as 2 nerves are to be blocked, unfortunately usually only a dentist can do that best as these nerve blocks are very technique sensitive. OR


2. there might be alot of infection which creates an acidic atmosphere inside which prevents the action of anaesthesia.


most probably it will be due to inappropraite technique.


u need to go to the dentist as soon as possible. unluckily nothing else can solve ur problem. if possible have a little liquid, at room temperature only.

fur boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net