Friday, May 21, 2010

If my agency can make me pay back all the money for my insurance coverage while I was on medical leave....?

What do I do? I had job burnout and took family medical leave on April 12th. Our agency secures our job for 12 weeks without pay. I continued to receive pays since I had 13weeks of sick time accumulated. Those pays also included my health/dental/optical insurance. I pay $25 a pay and my agency pays the rest. I was told that If I do not return to the agency after the family medical leave I MAY have to pay back the insurance that my agency provided (approx. $1,200.) What do I do? Should I return for one day than quit? Should I not return at all and take a chance? AND, when I quit, can I get unemployment because I am quitting do to the high stress that my agency caused? I have to call my agency by tomorrow. Please help.

If my agency can make me pay back all the money for my insurance coverage while I was on medical leave....?
Returning for one day and then quitting could solve the problem, but you can't get unemployment benefits if you quit. But hey, you aren't getting them now, so it shouldn't make much of a difference.





I think "taking a chance" wouldn't work, because they would most likely go after you for it.
Reply:If you had 13 weeks of paid sick time as a benefit, you should also be entitled to your normal benefits during that time, and therefore you shouldn't have to pay. It's unlikely you'll be eligible for unemployment when you quit, unless you can prove that you were not suited for the job (the agency hired you for a job you couldn't reasonably perform).


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net